Additional Footage of Suspect Released in Prospect Park Rape Case

Additional Footage of Suspect Released in Prospect Park Rape Case

PROSPECT PARK SOUTH – Police have released new video of the suspect wanted in connection with a rape that occurred in Prospect Park earlier this month.

In addition, Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams has added $1,000 to the $2,500 reward being offered by NYPD Crime Stoppers for information leading to the arrest of the suspect.

The new video, taken from the Franklin Avenue 2/3 station, can be seen below:

The suspect is wanted for the rape and of a 59-year old woman that took place around 4:00 am on Sunday, November 18,  in Prospect Park, near Parkside Avenue and Parade Place.

Police say that the suspect approached a 59-year-old woman from behind, put her in a chokehold, and told her he had a knife and gun. He then pushed her against a parked van and attempted to sexually assault her.

He then dragged the woman behind a bench and raped her. Following the assault, the suspect broke into a parked van where he attempted to assault the woman again, but failing to do so, stole $10 from her purse and told her to leave, according to police. The suspect reportedly fled on foot eastbound on Parkside Avenue.

Police are also looking for a white Ford Econoline van with a green logo. While the owner of the van isn’t a suspect, the van may be of use in the investigation, police said.

Via NYPD

A Twitter post from the NYPD Crime Stoppers account detailing the reward can be seen below:


Anyone with information in regard to this incident is asked to call the NYPD’s Crime Stoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477) or for Spanish, 1-888-57-PISTA (74782). The public can also submit their tips by logging onto the CrimeStoppers website at WWW.NYPDCRIMESTOPPERS.COM, on Twitter @NYPDTips or by texting their tips to 274637 (CRIMES) then enter TIP577. All calls are strictly confidential.

Comments

Sign in or become a Bklyner member to join the conversation.


search