It’s officially the last month of summer break! School starts back up on September 9, and soon yellow buses and forgotten homework sheets will take over the day again.
Savor the last weeks of summer with our list of 20 things to do before school starts.
If you’re heading out to these fun summer activities, don’t forget to tag #citykidcorner in your pics! We love seeing those smiling faces, and you may just see your photo on the site!
1. Take a dip at one of Brooklyn’s 15 public pools.
2. Go row a boat.
3. Take a free ride at the Prospect Park carousel.
4. Play mini golf.
5. Learn to skateboard.
6. Catch the falling sky.
7. Have lunch at Roll-N-Roaster (they aren’t closing — again).
8. Glide around on Luna Park’s newest ride, WindstarZ.
9. Cool off with some Halo Halo.
10. Learn all about moths.
11. Head to Coney Island after dusk for a free movie on the beach.
12. Meet three little pigs at Prospect Park Zoo.
13. Make music at Hootenanny Art House — and pick up teacher Pete’s new album while you’re there!
14. Create a masterpiece at Greenwood Playground.
15. Go wild in Zucker Natural Exploration Area.
16. Let little hands get dirty.
17. Go horseback riding in Prospect Park.
18. Pretend to be pirates at Playground 278.
19. Catch a movie under the stars in Prospect Park.
20. Reward yourself with a date night. You did make it through another summer, after all!
How will you be spending this last month of summer? Comment below or on our Facebook page and let us know!