Now that spring has finally arrived and summer is just around the corner, we can’t stop thinking about eating outside! So, where can we go when we feel like kicking back in the great outdoors?
- Bar Chord (347-240-6033, 1008 Cortelyou Road. between Stratford Road and Coney Island Avenue) doesn’t have a kitchen, but they do have a backyard where you can sip your brews and cocktails — and eat whatever takeout your heart desires.
- Cafe Madeline (718-941-4020, 1603 Cortelyou Road between E. 16th and E. 17th Streets) has some chairs and small tables set up outside where you can throw back as many cheddar biscuits as possible.
- Cafe Tibet (718-941-2725, 1510 Cortelyou Rd. between Marlborough Road and E. 16th Street) has some tables and chairs on their porch outside, where you can listen to the trains while eating your momos.
- Cinco de Mayo (718-693-1022, 1202 Cortelyou Road on the corner of Westminster Road) is another spot with just a few tables outside, and a great place to watch the action at Engine 281 & Ladder 147.
- Lark Cafe (718-469 -0140, 1007 Church Avenue, by E. 10th Street) might be a stretch on our part — but there is a nice outdoors bench where you can sit, sip your coffee and watch the world of Church Avenue pass you by.
- Le Paddock (718-435-0921, 1235 Prospect Ave. on the corner of Reeve Place) isn’t really in-in the neighborhood — but it’s not a far walk for many of our readers, and then you can soak up some sun and find out for yourself why everyone loves their brunch.
- Lea (718-928–7100, 1022 Cortelyou Road, by Stratford Road) will be setting up their patio seating this Friday, April 24, just in time for what should, cross your fingers, be pretty nice weather this weekend!
- Purple Yam (718-940-8188, 1314 Cortelyou Road between Argyle and Rugby Roads) has a lovely backyard with semi-covered seating. Plus, while you’re there, check out all the new artwork at the restaurant!
- Shenanigans (347-398-1905, 802 Caton Avenue on the corner of E, 8th Street) doesn’t serve food, but their backyard is great for ordering in a burger to go with your beer.
- Sycamore (347-240-5850, 1118 Cortelyou Road between Stratford and Westminster Roads) has a great outdoor spot where you can kick back with your whiskey and banh mi, barbecue, Tex-Mex, and a whole lot more from the bar’s Flatbush Food Court.
- The Castello Plan (718-856-8888, 1213 Cortelyou Road between between Westminster and Argyle Roads) has some nice outdoor seating that’s prime for Cortelyou people watching.
- The Farm on Adderley (718-287-3101, 1108 Cortelyou Road, between Stratford and Westminster Roads) has a relaxing spot for outdoor seating — just expect to wait a little longer if you want to snag a spot outside while the weather’s gorgeous.
Did we miss any? Let us know, and we’ll add them to the list!