Woohoo! Tonight is the Sheepshead Bites Fourth Birthday Party, celebrating four years of coverage and community-building that we’re quite proud of.
But before the party kicks off, here are a few things you should know:
- Music and festivities begin at 8:00 p.m. Doors open at 7:30 p.m.
- The venue’s location is 3000 Emmons Avenue, at the intersection of Nostrand Avenue. We are not using the main entrance; there is a walkway on the side of the building that leads to the bar and pier entrance.
- There is very limited parking, so we advise that you either walk, take public transportation or use car service.
- We have a suggested donation of $10 that helps cover our event costs, with the remainder put aside for our freelance writer budget. This ensures we can produce more original stories about our neighborhood. If you’re broke, we get it. No one will be turned away. However, if you read and enjoy Sheepshead Bites, we urge you to help keep our mission alive and give generously beyond the $10 suggestion.
- Do not come hungry. While there is free food at this event, it is not a “foodie” event and is not meant to replace a meal. Bassett’s Caterers has generously provided a limited number of sandwiches and salads, and food will only be available while it lasts. On this note, we will also have someone giving out the food – not the free-for-all we had last year.
- We apologize to those who cannot make it because of the Sabbath. Unfortunately, it was the only date available to us. We hope you can join us at a future event.
- New York City is currently under a heat advisory. It will be in the mid-80s when our party is in full swing. Water will be available throughout the night, and the bar itself is air conditioned. Please stay hydrated.
- We can’t wait to see you! If we’ve never met before, don’t hesitate to come up and introduce yourself to any member of the team.