Councilman Lew Fidler is teaming up with the Department of Environmental Protection to save residents some money. They’re holding an event Wednesday, March 23, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Hebrew Educational Society at 9502 Seaview Avenue (the entrance is on East 95th Street).
This event offers the following:
- Discuss your water bill one-on-one with a DEP Customer Service Representative.
- Learn about other payment options.
- Learn about the Water Debt Assistance Program: Customers who meet the eligibility criteria can defer their unpaid water and sewer bill until the property is sold.
- Sign up for the direct debit program: Customers who enroll in the direct debit program will receive a 2% discount on their bill.
- Learn about Automated Meter Reading (AMR) and what it means for you.
- Learn about new and existing capital projects in your community.
To travel to the event by train, take a Manhattan bound Q train to Union Square in Manhattan. Then transfer to a Brooklyn bound L train and get off at the Canarsie/Rockaway Parkaway station, which is the last stop on the L train.