Coney Island Hospital Reopens Urgent Care Center
Though the staff and administration at Coney Island Hospital (2601 Ocean Parkway) continue on the arduous road of repairing the hospital after Superstorm Sandy, they have announced the opening of their Urgent Care Center.
An important note is that the Urgent Care Center is not an emergency room. The center cannot treat true emergencies and no patients will be admitted. They do not have functioning X-ray machines, MRIs or food services.
Thus, the staff requests that you call 9-1-1 if an individual is severely injured or suffering serious or life-threatening issues. The Urgent Care Center is for less serious injuries and will send true emergency cases to another hospital, which could cost valuable care time.
The Urgent Care Center can be accessed through the East 6th Street entrance.
Here is what the hospital currently offers:
- Available for adult and pediatric patients 24/7
- Available for obstetric patients from 8 p.m. to 8 a.m. (prior to 8 p.m., patients can visit the OB/GYN clinic in Tower 107)
- Pediatric clinic services are available in Tower 105 24/7
- OB/GYN clinic services are available in Tower 107 24/7
- Limited Medical Clinic Services are being offered on Tower 2 West, Monday to Friday: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Please call (718) 794-5912 for further information regarding Medical Clinic Services.
- Limited Medical Specialty Services are being offered on Tower 2 East, Monday to Friday: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Please call (718) 794 – 5911 for further information regarding Medical Specialty Services.
Patients already receiving Mental Health Services at Coney Island Hospital are presently being seen in Hammett Building as follows:
- Chemical Dependency (4th floor in the Hammett) from Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Adult and Children Outpatient Services (2nd and 4th floor Hammett) on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Wednesday: 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Friday: 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Call Mental Health Services at (718) 319-2994.
Rehab Services are being offered on Tower T8E, Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. (by appointment only).
Further contacts for the various services are:
- Physical Therapy contact: (718) 616-3922
- Occupational Therapy contact: (718) 616 – 3961
- Rehab Consultation contact: (718) 616 – 4052
If you have an urgent need to renew a prescription, please come to the Coney Island Hospital Tower Building, 1st floor with your medication bottles. The phone numbers for prescription refills are (718) 794-6712 and (718) 794-6641.
UPDATE (12/6/2012): Coney Island Hospital has just expanded its offerings at the Urgent Care Center. They write:
A separate radiology location will have the capability to perform portable X-rays and sonograms. A mobile CT scan has been installed adjacent to the Urgent Care Center. For radiology orders, escorts will transport the patient from their bed to the radiology suite. Results will be promptly read by an on-site radiologist.
Sign in or become a Bklyner member to join the conversation.