This week in Ditmas Park, Propellerhead has a new sign up on Coney Island Avenue, Council member Greenfield questioned the speed cameras on Ocean Parkway, Greenlight Bookstore is looking for community lenders for their new location, we love the pizza and more at ZuriLee Pizza Bar, and more!
Here’s a recap of what happened in our neighborhood:
- Watch out! The Q train won’t be running between Kings Highway and Atlantic Avenue-Barclays Center for the next four weekends.
- Propellerhead, the restaurant taking over the former Visions space on Coney Island Avenue, has put up a new sign.
- Council member Greenfield is demanding the the city reveal the revenue made through Ocean Parkway speed cameras.
- The new family homeless shelter on McDonald Avenue, called The Kensington, is accepting donations and volunteers of all kinds.
- Do you need a “Momcation?” We have ten great, local ideas for you!
- Greenlight Bookstore is reaching out for community lenders to help fund their new Flatbush Avenue location.
- We loved more than just the pizza at the new ZuriLee Pizza Bar on Flatbush Avenue.
- We love the freshly made Polish food at Bobek Deli on Church Avenue.
- Ever wonder why Avenue H doesn’t have a more interesting name? It almost did.
- Cops are looking for a man accused of masturbating on the F train.
- There was a fire early Friday morning in a home on Argyle Road between Cortelyou and Beverley roads.
- Looking for a drink to warm you up during the cold weather? We’ve rounded up some great options in the neighborhood!
And please send news tips, photos, and more to email@example.com.
Bklyner reporting is supported by our subscribers and: