Whether you’re heading to work or the beach (hopefully the latter) tomorrow, there are still plenty of places open for Independence Day to grab your coffee or sunscreen. We’ve compiled a list to help you know what’s open, closed, and operating different hours for July 4.
Here’s what you need to know:
• Government offices, courts, and Department of Motor Vehicle offices are closed Friday, July 4.
• There is no mail delivery.
• All Brooklyn Public Library branches are closed on Friday and Saturday.
• Alternate side parking is suspended. You do not have to pay parking meters.
• There is no garbage or recycling collection. If Friday is your garbage day, put your garbage out after 5pm Friday evening. If Friday is your recycling day, wait until next week to put your recycling out.
• Staten Island Ferry Service will be suspended on Friday from 8-10pm due to the fireworks. The last boat from both terminals will be at 7:30pm, and the next boat from both terminals will be at 10pm.
• On Friday, July 4, trains and buses will operate on a Saturday schedule (with additional trains running prior to the fireworks show).
- Bank of America (515 Ocean Ave. on the corner of Church Ave.) will be closed.
- Sovereign Bank (23 Newkirk Plaza on the corner of Foster) will be closed.
- Chase Bank (1509 Foster Ave. between Marlborough and Newkirk Plaza) will be closed.
- TD Bank (210 Prospect Park Southwest between Park Circle and Greenwood Ave.) will be closed.
Food & Drink
- C Town (597 E 16th St. between Newkirk and Foster Aves.) will be open 8:30am-7pm.
- Downtown Natural Market (1701 Church Ave. on the corner of E 17th St.) will be open 8:30am-7:30pm.
- The Flatbush Food Co-op (1415 Cortelyou Rd. between Rugby and Marlborough) will be open 6am-10pm.
- Met Foods (1610 Cortelyou Rd. between E 16th and E 17th Sts.) will be open 7am-8pm.
- Connecticut Muffin (1106 Cortelyou between Stratford and Westminster) will be open 10am-6pm.
- Stems (1118 Cortelyou Rd. between Stratford and Westminster) will be open from 10am to 2pm and pre-orders can be made now by calling (347) 240-5850.
- The Farm on Adderley (1108 Cortelyou Rd. between Stratford and Westminster) will be open 9am to 3pm.
- Wheated (905 Church Ave. between E 10th and CIA) will be closed for the holiday.
Restaurants open regular hours:
- 773 Lounge (773 Coney Island Ave between Cortelyou and Dorchester)
- Am Thai Bistro (1003 Church Ave. between E 10th and E 11th)
- Atlas Meat Market (4311 18th Ave. between McDonald Ave. and Seton Pl.)
- Bar Chord (1008 Cortelyou Rd. between Stratford Rd. and Coney Island Ave.)
- Cafe Tibet (1510 Cortelyou Rd. between Marlborough and E 16th Sts.)
- Cinco de Mayo (1202 Cortelyou Rd. on the corner of Westminster Rd.)
- Lark (1007 Church Ave. between E 10th and E 11th)
- Milk & Honey (1119 Newkirk Ave. on the corner of Westminster)
- Picket Fence (1310 Cortelyou Rd. between Argyle and Rugby Rds.)
- Purple Yam (1314 Cortelyou Rd. between Argyle and Rugby Rds.)
- Sycamore (1118 Cortelyou Rd. between Stratford and Westminster Rds.)
Happy Fourth everyone!