Hope you all enjoyed the first week of May, as it’s finally starting to feel like spring! Keep up with what’s going on in the neighborhood all the week — follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, and sign up for our daily newsletter. And if you ever have any news tips, story ideas, questions, or anything, email us at [email protected].
Here’s a look back at some stories you might have missed this week:
• Tasting the tasty chicken at the new takeout joint Wangs.
• Terroir is closing its Park Slope location.
• A man was arrested for stealing $1,500 worth of jeans from Mavi.
• CKO Kickboxing tells us about the new studio they’re opening in the neighborhood.
• A flash-mob picnic is coming to Prospect Park.
• The new sketch comedy TV show Friends of the People filmed on 5th Ave.
• The F train had the most delays of all subway lines last year.
• Arecibo is taking over a long-vacant storefront on 5th Ave.
• It’s birders versus dogs in Prospect Park.
• Get a free bike helmet next week!
• Share neighborhood improvement project ideas on a new CB6 map.
• Residents have filed a lawsuit to try to remain in their assisted-living center.
• We love to complain about pigeon poop.
• The Fifth Avenue BID has a new office.
• Documentary filmmaker Ken Burns bought an apartment in the area.
• Finally, looking for love at The Owl Farm.