Keep up with neighborhood news all the week — follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, and sign up for our daily newsletter. And if you ever have any news tips, story ideas, questions, or anything, email us at [email protected].
Here’s a look back at some stories you might have missed this week:
• Meet neighbors Jasmin Singer and Mariann Sullivan of Our Hen House.
• The 4th Ave McDonald’s has closed to make way for an apartment building.
• Poly Prep played a role in a TV pilot starring Debra Messing.
• A robber who hit a local fro-yo joint three times was sentenced to 68 years in prison.
• Is the Kemistry Lounge saga over now that the Flatbush Ave building is up for sale?
• Local comedian Michael Joyce is launching a new stand-up series at Bar Reis.
• A thief nabbed the wheels off a Nissan parked on 5th Street.
• New clothing boutique Blok Hill is now open on 7th Avenue.
• How much stock do you put in restaurant letter grades?
• Jewelry store Facets has added a second location.
• Donate an item or service to an auction to help support PS 321.
• And help them, or other schools, during the Brooklyn PTA 5k Fun Run.
• The sushi place on Union Street has a new name, but everything else is the same.
• Register to rock on local streets during Make Music New York.
• Perfect Eyebrows Salon moves into the old Dragonfly Boutique space on 5th Ave.
• Like farm fresh veggies? Take a look at CSA options in our area.
• Finally, got a stoop sale, art show, or other event coming up in the neighborhood? Anyone can add events to our new calendar!
Photo by Jasmin Singer