We had our first taste of spring this week, and we saw people all across the neighborhood soaking up the sun! That’s not the only story from the past week, of course, and to keep up with neighborhood news throughout the week, be sure to follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, and sign up for our daily newsletter. And if you ever have any news tips, story ideas, questions, or anything, email us at [email protected].
Here’s a look back at some stories you might have missed this week:
• The owner of The Soup Bowl is opening a Uncle Arthur’s Cafe on 9th Street.
• Farid and George of Bogota Latin Bistro stood with the President during a press conference.
• Meet neighbor Kim Maier, who has helped make The Old Stone House what it is today.
• You can now have Four & Twenty Blackbirds pie in the library.
• Pizza Superstar, a new brick-oven pizzeria, is coming to Dean Street.
• The FX show The Americans returned to the neighborhood to film.
• Need a sandwich recommendation? Try Da B at Banhmigos.
• Looking to rent a 1,000-square-foot storefront on 7th Avenue?
• And here’s how to win $15,000 to get that business started.
• Where’s your favorite place to get Irish soda bread?
• If you saw a bunch of fire trucks near PS 321 one morning, here’s why.
• Support PS 39 during their spring auction.
• Finally, proof it is definitely spring.