Hope you’re all enjoying the first weekend of March (doesn’t feel like it does it?), and are bracing yourselves for even more snow…
Keep up with neighborhood news all week — follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, sign up for our daily newsletter, and email us with questions, news tips, story ideas, or anything at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here’s a look back at some stories you might have missed this week:
• After two years of waiting, Calexico opened on 5th Avenue…
• …and we taste tested their tacos, plus the ones at the new Taco Santo.
• The locals behind Brooklyn Bean talk legumes, hawks, and more.
• Trois Pommes Patisserie will close in a few weeks.
• Could this be the best apartment in Brooklyn?
• The Irish pub that’ll replace O’Connor’s hopes to open by St Patrick’s Day.
• Rockin’ window.
• Park Slope Food Coop members sat through a three-hour meeting to vote on plastic bags.
• A new pizza place will take over the old Due Fratelli space.
• Bus Time is going to help us get around.
• The signage for Yummy Taco has come down, and the Flatbush Ave space is for rent.
• Where would you like to see more crossing guards?
• Tickets are now on sale for A Taste of Fifth.
• Wishing our Frozen songwriter neighbors the best of luck at the Oscars tonight.
• Finally, looking to adopt a puppy? Meet the adorable Leia!