Keep up with neighborhood news all week — follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, sign up for our daily newsletter, and email us with questions, news tips, story ideas, or anything at [email protected].
Here’s a look back at some stories you might have missed this week:
• The 78th Precinct issued a number of summonses in its “failure-to-yield” stings.
• A neighbor is opening Amaro Spirits And Wine to showcase digestifs and aperitifs.
• The day Pete Seeger performed on the sidewalk of Union Street.
• Snakes on Baltic Street!
• The city removes illegal clothing donation bins, but will they just keep reappearing?
• Guvnor’s will be closing its 5th Ave shop.
• Ugly Duckling Presse has opened the pop-up bookstore Third Factory.
• An old grocery store sign was revealed during construction on 5th Ave.
• A majority of you think subway platforms need trash cans.
• We were promised a cemiteria on 5th Avenue, and we still want one!
• How long it took for a home on Montgomery to go from $20k to $4M.
• The NYPD thinks you’re worth the wait (to cross the street).
• The Chocolate Room is in a temporary space until their big move up the block.
• Stewie, a cat found on Garfield Place, is looking for a new home.
• Vendors at the Park Slope Farmers Market had a tough month, but spirits are high.
• Some ways to pamper your partner this Valentine’s Day.
• Finally, yep, those were fireworks you heard.