Hope you’re all having a great, if snowy, 2014 so far! Keep up with neighborhood news every week this year — follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, sign up for our daily newsletter, and email us with questions, news tips, story ideas, or anything at email@example.com.
Here’s a look back at some stories you might have missed this week:
• It snowed!
• The most interesting stories from Park Slope in the past year.
• A look at the businesses that opened and closed in the neighborhood in 2013.
• And all the TV shows and movies that filmed here.
• 7th Avenue got some fancy new recycling bins.
• Take a class from The Walk-In Cookbook and support CHiPS.
• The new schools chancellor was appointed right here at MS 51.
• Like to run in January? There’s a half-marathon you might be interested in.
• The first NYC baby of the year was born at Methodist!
• Keep handy for the next storm: Where to get a sled & the best hills in Prospect Park.
• Keep handy for all of winter: The best places to get hot chocolate.
• A look at the year in pictures.
• Finally, if you’re looking to make a charitable donation this year, consider keeping your money local.
Photo by nyahzul