Make sure to keep up with Park Slope news all week by signing up for our daily newsletter, following us on Twitter and Facebook, and emailing us with questions, news tips, ideas, or anything at [email protected].
Here’s what you may have missed this week:
• Cue the montage music: we’re saying goodbye to Urban Alchemist, Noella Brew Bar, Galaxy Comics (on Seventh), Get Reel Video, and El Jalapeño…
• IKEA shoppers can look forward to increased B61 service.
• Start training now– Prospect Park races are coming up.
• If you’ve got an idea for a community development project, convince State Farm Neighborhood Assist that it’s worth $25,000.
• Bloomberg launched a new resource for NY-based startups.
• Do you know where you’re getting your produce this summer?
• Looking for work? Can’t beat these commutes.
• Belleville Bistro is going through some changes.
• Learn how to make miso soup at home!
• Littlefield is hosting a benefit for young Ethiopian women aging out of the orphanage system. Great music, awesome cause: don’t miss it.
• A trapped Park Slope cat named after a Pokémon character was rescued by spelunkers from Long Island, so, you know, same old.
• Park Slope rent is high!
• Our most industrious neighbors might actually be these preteens.
• And, finally, our thoughts remain with the family and friends of Billy Donald Alexis, a man who brightened the lives of countless others.