This weekend, you can celebrate our neighbor Sarah Jenny’s Hey Queen! dance party Saturday night being named a Time Out New York critic’s pick, catch all kinds of amazing music at Bar Chord, enjoy the second-to-last Saturday of free rowing in Prospect Park, and lots more:
Thursday, August 14
Friday, August 15
• Sing along with Jon Samson at Lark, 11am.
• Computer lab at the Cortelyou Library. 11am.
• Meet fellow moms and dads at the New Parent Meet-Up, Lark, 1pm.
• Kids can attend Blooming Naturalists at the Prospect Park’s Audubon Center, 1-2pm Thursdays and Fridays.
• … followed by Nature on the Go, also at the Audubon Center, 2-3pm Thursdays and Fridays.
• … and finally, learn about local wildlife at Animal Encounter, also at the Audubon Center, 3-4pm Thursdays and Fridays.
• Happy hour with babies and ice cream happy hour are at Lark, 4pm.
• Check out Happy Hour cocktail recipes at T.B. Ackerson Wine Merchants, 6-8pm.
• Get your heart rate up and explore the neighborhood with Ditmas Rides, meeting in front of the Cortelyou Library at 7pm.
• Rip your jeans, tease your hair, and let your inner David Lee Roth out for Lola Star‘s “Livin’ on a Prayer” roller disco skate party at the LeFrak Center at Lakeside Prospect Park (buy tickets here), 8-10pm.
• John Pinamonti Band plays its American roots music at Bar Chord, 9pm.
• Rahlou is at Sycamore, 10pm.
Saturday, August 16
• The Lavender Blues sing along is at Lark, 10:30am.
• Children ages 3 to 5 and their parents and caregivers are welcome to attend Ready, Set, Kindergarten, a special six-session series for families that includes stories and activities designed to encourage the development of early learning skills at the Cortelyou Library, 11am-12pm.
• Row, row, row your boat for free in Prospect Park, 12-4pm.
• You can check out Introduction to Birdwatching, starting at the Audubon Center, 12-1pm…
• … or visit the Pop-Up Audubon at the Binnen Bridge, Saturdays and Sundays from 12-5pm.
• … or take a tour of the Lefferts Historic House, every half hour Saturdays and Sundays from 12:30-4:30pm until June 29.
• There’s Sahaja yoga meditation at the Cortelyou Library, 12:30-2pm.
• History in Your Hands: Flax to Linen is at the Lefferts Historic House, 2-4pm Saturdays and Sundays.
• Alegba & Friends play their Afro-Caribbean love at Bar Chord, 9pm.
• Celebrate neighbor Sarah Jenny’s Hey Queen! dance party being named a Time Out New York Critic’s Pick at Littlefield, 11pm.
Sunday, August 17
• Check out all the fruit, veggies, baked goods, and more at the Cortelyou greenmarket (Cortelyou between Argyle and Rugby), 8am-3pm
• Play and sing at Toddler Time with Mary Jo at Lark, 10am.
• Brooklyn Mela will be celebrated with much food and music on Coney Island Avenue (between Avenue H and Newkirk Avenue), 12pm-6pm.
• Garden hours at Compost for Brooklyn‘s native plant garden (Newkirk Avenue and 8th Street) are held every first and third Sunday, 4-6pm.
• Game Night is on at 773 Lounge, 7pm.
• Cortelyou Jazz Jam at Bar Chord, 9pm.
Photo via Sean Kershaw.