We can’t wait for this weekend – from St. Vincent playing the final show at Celebrate Brooklyn to tons of live music at Bar Chord, food and drink specials at Lea on Friday, free rowing in Prospect Park, fun for families at Lark Café, and tons more, these coming days are jam-packed with goodness.
Thursday, August 7
• Altan and Maura O’Connell perform at Celebrate Brooklyn at the Prospect Park Bandshell, 7:30pm (doors open at 6:30pm).
• Sign up for open mic night at 773 Lounge starting at 8pm.
• Ryan O’Neil Edwards plays acoustic rock ‘n roll at Bar Chord, 9pm.
Friday, August 8
• Sing along with Jon Samson at Lark, 11am.
• Food and drink specials at Lea as DJ Greg Ogden plays classic Greek music, 12-3:30pm
• Meet fellow moms and dads at the New Parent Meet-Up, Lark, 1pm.
• Kids can attend Blooming Naturalists at the Prospect Park’s Audubon Center, 1-2pm Thursdays and Fridays.
• … followed by Nature on the Go, also at the Audubon Center, 2-3pm Thursdays and Fridays.
• … and finally, learn about local wildlife at Animal Encounter, also at the Audubon Center, 3-4pm Thursdays and Fridays.
• Happy hour with babies and ice cream happy hour are at Lark, 4pm.
• Check out Happy Hour cocktail recipes at T.B. Ackerson Wine Merchants, 6-8pm.
• Asian Dub Foundation will perform an original live score to George Lucas’ directorial debute, THX 1138, at Celebrate Brooklyn at the Prospect Park Bandshell, 7:30pm (doors open at 6:30pm).
• Get your heart rate up and explore the neighborhood with Ditmas Rides, meeting in front of the Cortelyou Library at 7pm.
• Lola Star‘s Dreamland Roller Disco will feature a Ziggy Stardust-themed roller skating party (so get out your best Barbarella look or borrow your friend’s Storm Trooper Costume) at the LeFrak Center at Lakeside Prospect Park (buy tickets here), 8-10pm.
• Gillian Harwin plays an R&B soul party at Bar Chord, 9pm.
• Rahlou is at Sycamore, 10pm.
Saturday, August 9
• The Lavender Blues sing along is at Lark, 10:30am.
• Children ages 3 to 5 and their parents and caregivers are welcome to attend Ready, Set, Kindergarten, a special six-session series for families that includes stories and activities designed to encourage the development of early learning skills at the Cortelyou Library, 11am-12pm.
• Row, row, row your boat for free in Prospect Park, 12-4pm.
• You can check out Introduction to Birdwatching, starting at the Audubon Center, 12-1pm…
• … or visit the Pop-Up Audubon at the Binnen Bridge, Saturdays and Sundays from 12-5pm.
• … or take a tour of the Lefferts Historic House, every half hour Saturdays and Sundays from 12:30-4:30pm until June 29.
• There’s Sahaja yoga meditation at the Cortelyou Library, 12:30-2pm.
• History in Your Hands: Flax to Linen is at the Lefferts Historic House, 2-4pm Saturdays and Sundays.
• St. Vincent and San Fermin perform at Celebrate Brooklyn‘s finale at the Prospect Park Bandshell, 7:30pm (doors open at 6:30pm).
• Jake G and The Soul Vibrance play soul classics, Flatbush style at Bar Chord, 9pm.
Sunday, August 10
• Check out all the fruit, veggies, baked goods, and more at the Cortelyou Farmers Market (Cortelyou between Argyle and Rugby), 8am-3pm
• Play and sing at Toddler Time with Mary Jo at Lark, 10am.
• Movement and Meditation with Sarah Capua at the Church Avenue Yoga & Bodywork Center, 5:30-6:30pm.
• Game Night is on at 773 Lounge, 7pm.
• Cortelyou Jazz Jam at Bar Chord, 9pm.
Photo by Joshua Mellin via St. Vincent.