Happy Thursday! This weekend, you can cool off with a boozy snow cone at The Castello Plan, see our neighborhood in Very Good Girls, check out some amazing music, and lots more:
Thursday, July 24
• Christmas in July (beer specials, boozy snow cones, and more) at The Castello Plan, 6pm-all night.
• Nickel Creek and Secret Sisters play at Celebrate Brooklyn at the Prospect Park Bandshell, 7:30pm (doors open at 6:30pm).
• Sign up for open mic night at 773 Lounge starting at 8pm.
• Alegba & Friends play Afro/Caribbean rhythms for the soul at Bar Chord, 9pm.
Friday, July 25
• Sing along with Jon Samson at Lark, 11am.
• Computer lab at the Cortelyou Library, 11am-12pm
• Farmers market at the Q at Parkside, 1pm-6pm.
• Meet fellow moms and dads at the New Parent Meet-Up, Lark, 1pm.
• Kids can attend Blooming Naturalists at the Prospect Park’s Audubon Center, 1-2pm Thursdays and Fridays.
• … followed by Nature on the Go, also at the Audubon Center, 2-3pm Thursdays and Fridays.
• … and finally, learn about local wildlife at Animal Encounter, also at the Audubon Center, 3-4pm Thursdays and Fridays.
• Happy hour with babies and ice cream happy hour are at Lark, 4pm.
• Check out Happy Hour cocktail recipes at T.B. Ackerson Wine Merchants, 6-8pm.
• Free showing of (the Carrie Fisher version of) “Thumbelina” at All Souls Bethlehem Church, 6:30pm.
• Celebrate Brooklyn presents a rare screening of Amandla: A Revolution in Four-Part Harmony, a documentary examining the role music played in the fall of South Africa’s apartheid regime, at Prospect Park Bandshell, 7:30pm (doors open at 6:30pm).
• Get your heart rate up and explore the neighborhood with Ditmas Rides, meeting in front of the Cortelyou Library at 7pm.
• Lola Star‘s Dreamland Roller Disco will feature a Madonna-themed Material Girl Skate Party at the LeFrak Center at Lakeside Prospect Park (buy tickets here), 8-10pm.
• Varya and the Night Waters play their local indie rock at Bar Chord, 8pm.
• Kagero plays Japanese gypsy rock at Bar Chord, 9pm.
• Rahlou is at Sycamore, 10pm.
Saturday, July 26
• The Lavender Blues sing along is at Lark, 10:30am.
• Children ages 3 to 5 and their parents and caregivers are welcome to attend Ready, Set, Kindergarten, a special six-session series for families that includes stories and activities designed to encourage the development of early learning skills at the Cortelyou Library, 11am-12pm.
• Row, row, row your boat for free in Prospect Park, 12-4pm.
• You can check out Introduction to Birdwatching, starting at the Audubon Center, 12-1pm…
• … or visit the Pop-Up Audubon at the Binnen Bridge, Saturdays and Sundays from 12-5pm.
• … or take a tour of the Lefferts Historic House, every half hour Saturdays and Sundays from 12:30-4:30pm until June 29.
• There’s Sahaja yoga meditation at the Cortelyou Library, 12:30-2pm.
• History in Your Hands: Flax to Linen is at the Lefferts Historic House, 2-4pm Saturdays and Sundays.
• Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds play a benefit concert for Celebrate Brooklyn at the Prospect Park Bandshell, 7pm (doors open at 6pm).
• Craig Dreyer & Friends play soulful rock and blues at Bar Chord, 9pm.
Sunday, July 27
Photo via Nickel Creek