Happy Thursday! This weekend, you can check out the benefits of music and aroma therapy, reiki and more at the Cortelyou Early Childhood Center’s inaugural summer fun health fair, buy some fresh fruits and veggies at the new farmers market at the Q at Parkside, and lots more:
Thursday, July 17
• Shen Wei Dance Arts at Celebrate Brooklyn at the Prospect Park Bandshell, 8pm (doors open at 7pm).
• Sign up for open mic night at 773 Lounge starting at 8pm.
• Jacks of Kings County plays Bar Chord, 9pm.
Friday, July 18
• Sing along with Jon Samson at Lark, 11am.
• Farmers market at the Q at Parkside, 1pm-6pm.
• Meet fellow moms and dads at the New Parent Meet-Up, Lark, 1pm.
• Free workshop on employing a childcare provider at Lark, 2-3pm.
• Kids can attend Blooming Naturalists at the Prospect Park’s Audubon Center, 1-2pm Thursdays and Fridays.
• … followed by Nature on the Go, also at the Audubon Center, 2-3pm Thursdays and Fridays.
• … and finally, learn about local wildlife at Animal Encounter, also at the Audubon Center, 3-4pm Thursdays and Fridays.
• Happy hour with babies and ice cream happy hour are at Lark, 4pm.
• Local artist and singer Laolu Senbanjo leads a drop-in African folk song singalong at Lark, 4pm.
• Check out Happy Hour cocktail recipes at T.B. Ackerson Wine Merchants, 6-8pm.
• Bebel Gilberto, Vinicius Cantuaria, and Netsayi play Celebrate Brooklyn at Prospect Park Bandshell, 7pm (doors open at 6pm).
• Get your heart rate up and explore the neighborhood with Ditmas Rides, meeting in front of the Cortelyou Library at 7pm.
• Lola Star‘s Dreamland Roller Disco Xanadu Skate Party at the LeFrak Center at Lakeside Prospect Park (buy tickets here), 8-10pm.
• La Madrugada plays Bar Chord, 9pm.
• Rahlou is at Sycamore, 10pm.
Saturday, July 19
• The Lavender Blues sing along is at Lark, 10:30am.
• Children ages 3 to 5 and their parents and caregivers are welcome to attend Ready, Set, Kindergarten, a special six-session series for families that includes stories and activities designed to encourage the development of early learning skills at the Cortelyou Library, 11am-12pm.
• Row, row, row your boat for free in Prospect Park, 12-4pm.
• You can check out Introduction to Birdwatching, starting at the Audubon Center, 12-1pm…
• … or visit the Pop-Up Audubon at the Binnen Bridge, Saturdays and Sundays from 12-5pm.
• … or take a tour of the Lefferts Historic House, every half hour Saturdays and Sundays from 12:30-4:30pm until June 29.
• There’s Sahaja yoga meditation at the Cortelyou Library, 12:30-2pm.
• History in Your Hands: Flax to Linen is at the Lefferts Historic House, 2-4pm Saturdays and Sundays.
• Deltron 3030 and Nomadic Massive play Celebrate Brooklyn at the Prospect Park Bandshell, 7:30pm (doors open at 6:30pm).
Sunday, July 20
Photo via Nomadic Massive.