Happy Thursday! This weekend, you can skate to your heart’s content at Lola Star’s Dreamland Roller Rink, check out Sustainable Flatbush’s herbal workshop series, find out what the candidates running to represent your neighborhood have to say, and lots more.
Thursday, July 10
• Illya Kuryaki & the Valderramas, Choc Quib Town, and RVSB play Celebrate Brooklyn at the Prospect Park Bandshell, 7pm
• Sign up for open mic night at 773 Lounge starting at 8pm.
• Bourbon Sprawl plays Bar Chord, 9pm.
Friday, July 11
• Sing along with Jon Samson at Lark, 11am.
• Meet fellow moms and dads at the New Parent Meet-Up, Lark, 1pm.
• Kids can attend Blooming Naturalists at the Prospect Park’s Audubon Center, 1-2pm Thursdays and Fridays.
• … followed by Nature on the Go, also at the Audubon Center, 2-3pm Thursdays and Fridays.
• … and finally, learn about local wildlife at Animal Encounter, also at the Audubon Center, 3-4pm Thursdays and Fridays.
• Happy hour with babies and ice cream happy hour are at Lark, 4pm.
• Local artist and singer Laolu Senbanjo leads a drop-in African folk song singalong ($5) at Lark, 4pm.
• Check out Happy Hour cocktail recipes at T.B. Ackerson Wine Merchants, 6-8pm.
• “Vote, It Ain’t Illegal Yet,” an event celebrating the landmark Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Voting Rights Act of 1965, will feature music, film, and spoken word as part of Celebrate Brooklyn at Prospect Park Bandshell, 7-11pm.
• Get your heart rate up and explore the neighborhood with Ditmas Rides, meeting in front of the Cortelyou Library at 7pm.
• Bobby Hawk plays Bar Chord, 9pm.
• Rahlou is at Sycamore, 10pm.
Saturday, July 12
• Come get organic fruits and vegetables, artisan breads, cheese, and more at the opening of the second annual Flatbush Junction Youth Green Market at the Flatbush Junction Triangle on 1545 Flatbush Avenue, 10am-4pm.
• Clothes, shoes, books, movies, CDs, magazines, jewelry, home goods, vintage furniture, handbags and more will be for sale at a yard sale at 1912 Avenue H, 10am-4pm.
• The Lavender Blues sing along is at Lark, 10:30am.
• Children ages 3 to 5 and their parents and caregivers are welcome to attend Ready, Set, Kindergarten, a special six-session series for families that includes stories and activities designed to encourage the development of early learning skills at the Cortelyou Library, 11am-12pm.
• Row, row, row your boat for free in Prospect Park, 12-4pm.
• You can check out Introduction to Birdwatching, starting at the Audubon Center, 12-1pm…
• … or visit the Pop-Up Audubon at the Binnen Bridge, Saturdays and Sundays from 12-5pm.
• … or take a tour of the Lefferts Historic House, every half hour Saturdays and Sundays from 12:30-4:30pm until June 29.
• There’s Sahaja yoga meditation at the Cortelyou Library, 12:30-2pm.
• Learn how to make exquisite paper flowers with Danielle Zuckerman at Brooklyn ARTery, 2-4pm
• History in Your Hands: Flax to Linen is at the Lefferts Historic House, 2-4pm Saturdays and Sundays.
• Alloy Orchestra: He Who Gets Slapped and Stephane Wrembel at Celebrate Brooklyn at the Prospect Park Bandshell, 7:30pm.
• Dirty Water Dogs play Bar Chord, 9pm.
Sunday, July 13
• Happy Birthday Lark! To celebrate the Church Avenue spot’s second birthday, the eatery will give a free tote bag to the first three people to share your favorite things about Lark. Share your favorite Lark photos on instagram using the hashtags #ilovelark, #larkfavoritethings, #larkturnstwo, and #happybirthdaylark for your chance to win a tote.
• Play and sing at Toddler Time with Mary Jo, Lark, 10am.
• Game Night is on at 773 Lounge, 7pm.
• Cortelyou Jazz Jam at Bar Chord, 9pm
Photo via ChocQuibTown