Happy Thursday! This weekend, you can see how people are trying to live smaller, hang out with thousands of your neighbors at the Flatbush Avenue Street Fair, have a glass of mint iced tea at the Compost for Brooklyn iced tea party, and more.
Thursday, June 26
Friday, June 27
• Sing along with Jon Samson at Lark, 11am.
• Meet fellow moms and dads at the New Parent Meet-Up, Lark, 1pm.
• Kids can attend Blooming Naturalists at the Prospect Park’s Audubon Center, 1-2pm Thursdays and Fridays.
• … followed by Nature on the Go, also at the Audubon Center, 2-3pm Thursdays and Fridays.
• … and finally, learn about local wildlife at Animal Encounter, also at the Audubon Center, 3-4pm Thursdays and Fridays.
• Happy hour with babies and ice cream happy hour are at Lark, 4pm.
• Local artist and singer Laolu Senbanjo leads a drop-in African folk song singalong ($5) at Lark, 4pm.
• Fido in Prospect Park is having its annual pot-luck “Pupnic” picnic at Prospect Park’s Nethermead. Dog owners are asked to bring food, and Fido will provide beverages, paper goods, plastic ware, trash bags, and biscuits for dogs. There will be canine contestants and prizes for all dogs that participate, 5pm to dusk.
• Check out Happy Hour cocktail recipes at T.B. Ackerson Wine Merchants, 6-8pm.
• Shovels & Rope, Valerie June, and Shakey Graves play Celebrate Brooklyn at Prospect Park Bandshell, 7 pm.
• Get your heart rate up and explore the neighborhood with Ditmas Rides, meeting in front of the Cortelyou Library at 7pm.
• All Souls Bethlehem Church will host a free showing of the “TINY” documentary, 7pm.
• Bill Carney’s Jug Addicts play Bar Chord, 9pm.
• Rahlou is at Sycamore, 9pm.
Saturday, June 28
• The Lavender Blues sing along is at Lark, 10:30am.
• Row, row, row your boat for free in Prospect Park, 12-4pm.
• You can check out Introduction to Birdwatching, starting at the Audubon Center, 12-1pm…
• … or visit the Pop-Up Audubon at the Binnen Bridge, Saturdays and Sundays from 12-5pm.
• … or take a tour of the Lefferts Historic House, every half hour Saturdays and Sundays from 12:30-4:30pm until June 29.
• There’s Sahaja yoga meditation at the Cortelyou Library, 12:30-2pm.
• Make your own miniature landscape with a variety of cactus, plants, and objects at a free terrarium building class at Brooklyn ARTery, 2-4pm.
• History in Your Hands: Flax to Linen is at the Lefferts Historic House, 2-4pm Saturdays and Sundays.
• Luciano, Sandra St. Victor, and Oya’s Daughter play Celebrate Brooklyn at the Prospect Park Bandshell, 7:30pm.
• Los Lotharios play Bar Chord, 9pm.
Sunday, June 29
• Prospect Gymnastics at 785 Coney Island Avenue (where Ezra Guitar is located) is holding an open house on Sunday for its summer semester. The open house schedule is as follows: 9:15am for parents and toddlers, 10am for 3-year-olds, 11am for 4-year-olds, 12pm for 5- to 7-year-olds, and 1pm for 8- to 11-year-olds. An RSVP is required – email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (917) 733-2403.
• Play and sing at Toddler Time with Mary Jo, Lark, 10am.
• Thousands of people are expected to attend the much-anticipated Flatbush Avenue Street Fair, 12pm-6pm
• Join Compost for Brooklyn at their iced tea party, 2-5pm.
• Come help your neighbors care for nine saplings outside the PS 217 schoolyard, 5-6pm.
• Join the Ditmas Park Sitting Group to meditate at Third Root, 6:45pm.
• Game Night is on at 773 Lounge, 7pm.
• Cortelyou Jazz Jam at Bar Chord, 9pm
Photo via Warpaint