Thursday, June 12
• There’s an English conversation group at the Cortelyou Library, 4-5:30pm.
• Celebrate Ornette: The Music Of Ornette Coleman Featuring Denardo Coleman Vibe is at Celebrate Brooklyn, Prospect Park Bandshell, 7pm.
• Sign up for open mic night at 773 Lounge starting at 8pm.
• There’s a Semental Tequila tasting at Bar Chord, 5-7 pm…
• … followed by the Evan Francis Group, 9pm.
Friday, June 13
• Sing along with Lloyd of The Deedle Deedle Dees at Lark, 10 and 11am.
• Meet fellow moms and dads at the New Parent Meet-Up, Lark, 1pm.
• Kids can attend Blooming Naturalists at the Prospect Park’s Audubon Center, 1-2pm Thursdays and Fridays…
• … followed by Nature on the Go, also at the Audubon Center, 2-3pm Thursdays and Fridays…
• … and finally, learn about local wildlife at Animal Encounter, also at the Audubon Center, 3-4pm Thursdays and Fridays.
• There’s a writing workshop for teens at the Cortelyou Library, 2:45pm.
• Happy hour with babies and ice cream happy hour are at Lark, 4pm.
• Local artist and singer Laolu Senbanjo leads a drop-in African folk song singalong ($5) at Lark, 4pm…
• … followed by an African drawing class ($10), also at Lark, 5pm.
• Check out Happy Hour cocktail recipes at T.B. Ackerson Wine Merchants, 6-8pm.
• Get your heart rate up and explore the neighborhood with Ditmas Rides, meeting in front of the Cortelyou Library at 7pm.
• See Sean Kershaw & the New Jack Ramblers at Bar Chord, 9pm.
Saturday, June 14
• Register to help the Weekend Woodland Corps, starting at Prospect Park’s Picnic House parking lot, 9:45am.
• There’s a family bird watching tour that starts at the Prospect Park Audubon Center, 10am.
• The Lavender Blues sing along is at Lark, 10 and 11 am.
• Row, row, row your boat for free in Prospect Park, 12-4pm.
• Check out a sale featuring work by the Flatbush Artists group (details at site), 502 9th Street (between 7th and 8th Avenues), Saturday and Sunday from 12-6pm.
• Jack’s Chedbred is at the Flatbush Food Court, Sycamore, 12-6pm.
• You can check out Introduction to Birdwatching, starting at the Audubon Center, 12-1pm…
• … or visit the Pop-Up Audubon at the Binnen Bridge, Saturdays and Sundays from 12-5pm.
• … or take a tour of the Lefferts Historic House, every half hour Saturdays and Sundays from 12:30-4:30pm until June 29.
• Register to be a bone marrow donor at Temple Beth Emeth (83 Marlborough Road on the corner of Church Avenue), 12:30-5pm.
• There’s an upcycling class for kids four and above ($15 with registration or $20 to drop in) with Fruiggie at Lark, 2-3pm.
• History in Your Hands: Flax to Linen is at the Lefferts Historic House, 2-4pm Saturdays and Sundays.
• Family Concert: Ozomatli’s Ozokidz is at Celebrate Brooklyn, 4pm.
• See rising stars dance at local choreographer Alden LaPaglia’s “Black Tie Optional” (tickets and info here), at the Flatbush Reformed Church House, 4:30pm.
• La Madrugada plays Bar Chord, 9pm.
• There’s karaoke at 773 Lounge, 10pm.
• The Jukebox Romeo spins at Sycamore, 10pm.
Sunday, June 15
• Play and sing at Toddler Time with Mary Jo, Lark, 10am.
• The Dogwood brings Southern grub to Sycamore, 12-6pm.
• There’s an Old Time Jam at Bar Chord, 3-6pm.
• Join the Ditmas Park Sitting Group to meditate at Third Root, 6:45pm.
• Game Night is on at 773 Lounge, 7pm.
• Attend the first Star Sign Party at Sycamore, 8pm.
• The Cortelyou Jazz Jam is at Bar Chord, 9pm.
Photo via Delete Blood Cancer