Thursday, June 5
Friday, June 6
• Sing along with Lloyd of The Deedle Deedle Dees at Lark, 11am.
• Shape Up NYC hosts a free pilates class in Prospect Park, 12pm.
• Meet fellow moms and dads at the New Parent Meet-Up, Lark, 1pm.
• Kids can attend Blooming Naturalists at the Audubon Center in Prospect Park, 1-2pm Thursdays and Fridays…
• … followed by Nature on the Go, also at the Audubon Center, 2-3pm Thursdays and Fridays…
• … and finally, learn about local wildlife at Animal Encounter in Prospect Park’s Audubon Center, 3-4pm Thursdays and Fridays.
• There’s a writing workshop for teens at the Cortelyou Library, 2:45pm.
• Happy hour with babies and ice cream happy hour are at Lark, 4pm.
• Local artist and singer Laolu Senbanjo leads a drop-in African folk song singalong ($5) at Lark, 4pm…
• … followed by an African drawing class ($10), also at Lark, 5pm.
• Check out Happy Hour cocktail recipes at T.B. Ackerson Wine Merchants, 6-8pm.
• Get your heart rate up and explore the neighborhood with Ditmas Rides, meeting in front of the Cortelyou Library at 7pm.
• Play or watch at open mic night at All Souls Bethlehem Church (566 E 7th Street between Cortelyou Road and Ditmas Avenue), 7pm.
• Jake G and the Soul Vibrance play Bar Chord, 9pm.
• There’s a Pop’s Reunion at 773 Lounge, 10pm.
Saturday, June 7
• Get caffeinated with your canine and learn about off-leash activities at FIDO-sponsored Coffee Bark, Prospect Park, 7-9am.
• Register to help the Weekend Woodland Corps, starting at Prospect Park’s Picnic House parking lot, 9:45am.
• The Lavender Blues sing along is at Lark, 10 and 11 am.
• Get a Caribbean-inspired sandwich from Mr. Cutters at the Flatbush Food Court, Sycamore, 12-6pm.
• You can check out Introduction to Birdwatching, starting at the Audubon Center, 12-1pm…
• … or visit the Pop-Up Audubon at the Binnen Bridge, Saturdays and Sundays from 12-5pm.
• … or take a tour of the Lefferts Historic House, every half hour Saturdays and Sundays from 12:30-4:30pm until June 29.
• There’s Sahaja yoga meditation for adults at the Cortelyou Library, 12:30-2pm.
• There’s an upcycling class for kids four and above ($15 with registration or $20 to drop in) with Fruiggie at Lark, 2-3pm.
• History in Your Hands: Flax to Linen is at the Lefferts Historic House, 2-4pm Saturdays and Sundays.
• The Soul Rebels, Jon Cleary, The Absolute Monster Gentlemen, and Lost Bayou Ramblers play Celebrate Brooklyn!, 7pm.
• John Pinamonti plays American roots music at Bar Chord, 9pm.
• Alegba and Friends play 773 Lounge, 10pm.
Sunday, June 8
• Check out the Ditmas Park yard sale (E 16th Street to Ocean Avenue and Dorchester Road to Newkirk Avenue), starting at 9am.
• And head over to another yard sale on Westminster starting at 10am.
• Play and sing at Toddler Time with Mary Jo, Lark, 10am.
• Check out Art and Craft in the Garden (690 E 18th Street between Glenwood and Foster), 11am-5pm.
• Browse handmade lamps and art at the Mary Olive Design studio (209 Westminster Road between Beverley and Cortelyou), 12-4pm.
• Mamak Malaysian & Thai Street Food is at Sycamore, 12-6pm.
• The yearly Victorian Flatbush House Tour (buy tickets ahead of time for $30 or day of at $35) starting at Temple Beth Emeth, 1-6pm.
• Take a boozy flower class ($75 buys materials and two cocktails) at Stems, 5pm.
• The season finale of Lit at Lark features Julia Fierro, Julie Sarkissian, and Ed Park (at Lark!), 5pm.
• Join the Ditmas Park Sitting Group to meditate at Third Root, 6:45pm.
• Game Night is on at 773 Lounge, 7pm.
• The Cortelyou Jazz Jam is at Bar Chord, 9pm.
Photo via Art and Craft in the Garden