Thursday, May 29
• There’s an english conversation group at the Cortelyou Library, 4pm.
• The Brooklyn Volunteer Fair is at the Park Slope Armory (15th Street between 7th and 8th Avenues), 6-9pm.
• Sign up for open mic night at 773 Lounge starting at 8pm.
• Elijah Tucker returns to Bar Chord, 9pm.
Friday, May 30
• Sing along with Lloyd of The Deedle Deedle Dees at Lark, 10 and 11am.
• Shape Up NYC hosts a free pilates class in Prospect Park, 12pm.
• Meet fellow moms and dads at the New Parent Meet-Up, Lark, 1pm.
• Kids can learn about different types of birds at Blooming Naturalists at the Audubon Center in Prospect Park, 1-2pm Thursdays and Fridays…
• … followed by Nature on the Go, also at the Audubon Center, 2-3pm Thursdays and Fridays…
• … and finally, learn about local wildlife at Animal Encounter in Prospect Park’s Audubon Center, 3-4pm Thursdays and Fridays.
• There’s a writing workshop for teens at the Cortelyou Library, 2:45pm.
• Happy hour with babies and ice cream happy hour are at Lark, 4pm.
• Check out Happy Hour cocktail recipes at T.B. Ackerson Wine Merchants, 6-8pm.
• Get your heart rate up and explore the neighborhood with Ditmas Rides, meeting in front of the Cortelyou Library at 7pm.
• Catch a free screening of Charly at All Souls Bethlehem Church (566 E 7th Street between Cortelyou Road and Ditmas Avenue), 7pm.
• Jason Green plays Bar Chord, 9pm.
Saturday, May 31
• There’s a neighborhood cleanup starting at Downtown Natural Market (on the corner of Church Avenue and E 17th Street), 9am.
• Register to help the Weekend Woodland Corps, starting at Prospect Park’s Picnic House parking lot, 9:45am.
• The Lavender Blues sing along is at Lark, 10 and 11 am.
• You can check out Introduction to Birdwatching, starting at the Audubon Center, 12-1pm.
• … or visit the Pop-Up Audubon at the Binnen Bridge, Saturdays and Sundays from 12-5pm.
• … or take a tour of the Lefferts Historic House, every half hour Saturdays and Sundays from 12:30-4:30pm until June 29.
• There’s Sahaja yoga meditation for adults at the Cortelyou Library, 12:30-2pm.
• Get tickets ahead of time for the 5th Annual Crawfish Boil at Sycamore, with seatings at 1pm, 3pm, and 5pm.
• There’s an upcycling class for kids four and above ($15 with registration or $20 to drop in) with Fruiggie at Lark, 2-3pm.
• History in Your Hands: Fleece Fun is at the Lefferts Historic House, 2-4pm Saturdays and Sundays.
• Stop by an open house at the new Cynthia King Dance Studio (21 Snyder Avenue between Flatbush and Bedford Avenues), 2-5pm.
• Get tickets ahead of time to see neighbors Mark Chung, Eric Cooper, and Valerie Whitney play in the String Orchestra of Brooklyn at St. Ann & the Holy Trinity Church (157 Montague Street on the corner of Clinton Street), 8pm.
• Catch Bill Carney’s Jug Addicts at Bar Chord, 9pm.
• Shaky and the Tremors are at 773 Lounge, 9pm.
Sunday, June 1
• Check out the Ditmas Park West yard sale (Coney Island Avenue to the subway tracks and Cortelyou Road to Newkirk Avenue).
• There’s a morning bird walk starting at the Prospect Park Audubon Center, 8am.
• Play and sing at Toddler Time with Mary Jo, Lark, 10am.
• Stop by the one year anniversary party at Coffee Mob, starting at 1pm.
• Revolving Dansk brings Danish hot dogs to Sycamore, 12-6pm.
• Yoon Sun Choi plays at Sunday Jazz for the Family, Lark, 4-5pm.
• Join the Ditmas Park Sitting Group to meditate at Third Root, 6:45pm.
• Game Night is on at 773 Lounge, 7pm.
• Mike O’Malley plays Bar Chord, 7pm…
• … followed by The Cortelyou Jazz Jam at Bar Chord, 9pm.
Photo via Revolving Dansk