Thursday, May 22
• Kids can learn about different types of birds at Blooming Naturalists at the Audubon Center in Prospect Park, 1-2pm Thursdays and Fridays…
• … followed by Nature on the Go, also at the Audubon Center, 2-3pm Thursdays and Fridays…
• … and finally, learn about local wildlife at Animal Encounter in Prospect Park’s Audubon Center, 3-4pm Thursdays and Fridays.
• There’s an English conversation group at the Cortelyou Library, 4-5:30pm.
• Sign up for open mic night at 773 Lounge starting at 8pm.
• Learn how to start your own co-op playgroup at Lark, 8pm.
• The Strung Out String Band plays old-timey Appalachian music at Bar Chord, 9pm.
Friday, May 23
• Sing along with Lloyd of The Deedle Deedle Dees at Lark, 10 and 11am.
• Shape Up NYC hosts a free pilates class in Prospect Park, 12pm.
• Meet fellow moms and dads at the New Parent Meet-Up, Lark, 1pm.
• There’s a writing workshop for teens at the Cortelyou Library, 2:45pm.
• Happy hour with babies and ice cream happy hour are at Lark, 4pm.
• Check out Happy Hour cocktail recipes at T.B. Ackerson Wine Merchants, 6-8pm.
• Get your heart rate up and explore the neighborhood with Ditmas Rides, meeting in front of the Cortelyou Library at 7pm.
• Local band DECOSTER (featuring sax player Joe Albano) treks out to play at Red Hook Bait & Tackle, 8pm.
• The Todd Gaynor Band plays Bar Chord, 9pm.
• Carl and Friends play 773 Lounge, 10pm.
Saturday, May 24
• The Lavender Blues sing along is at Lark, 10 and 11 am.
• Underdog Chili is at the Flatbush Food Court, Sycamore, 12-6pm.
• You can check out Introduction to Birdwatching, starting at the Audubon Center, 12-1pm.
• … or visit the Pop-Up Audubon at the Binnen Bridge, Saturdays and Sundays from 12-5pm.
• … or take a tour of the Lefferts Historic House, every half hour Saturdays and Sundays from 12:30-4:30pm until June 29.
• There’s meditation with Svetlana Buyanova at the Cortelyou Library, 12-2pm.
• Alex Levin and guests play jazz at Purple Yam, 12:30-2:30pm.
• Stop by an open house at the new Cynthia King Dance Studio (21 Snyder Avenue between Flatbush and Bedford Avenues), 2-5pm.
• There’s an upcycling class for kids four and above ($15 with registration or $20 to drop in) with Fruiggie at Lark, 2-3pm…
• … followed by a clothing swap and shop event at Lark, 3-6pm.
• History in Your Hands: Fleece Fun is at the Lefferts Historic House, 2-4pm Saturdays and Sundays.
• Afromysterics is at Bar Chord, 9pm.
Sunday, May 25
• Play and sing at Toddler Time with Mary Jo, Lark, 10am.
• Burma Noodle Bar is at Sycamore’s Flatbush Food Court, 12-6pm.
• Join the Ditmas Park Sitting Group to meditate at Third Root, 6:45pm.
• Game Night is on at 773 Lounge, 7pm.
• The Cortelyou Jazz Jam is at Bar Chord, 9pm.
Monday, May 26
• Enjoy Memorial Day events in Prospect Park.
• Swing by open hours at Sustainable Flatbush‘s Healing Herb Garden (2103 Kenmore Terrace by E 21st Street), 12-6pm daily.
• Check out the weekly Shape Up NYC Couch to 5k Group Run, meeting at the Lefferts Historic House, 7pm.
• Work in a neighborhood bar or restaurant? Come take advantage of drink specials at Industry Night, 773 Lounge, 9pm.
Photo via Cynthia King Dance Studio