Thursday, May 8
Friday, May 9
• Sing along with Lloyd of The Deedle Deedle Dees at Lark, 10 and 11am.
• Shape Up NYC hosts a free pilates class in Prospect Park, 12pm.
• Meet fellow moms and dads at the New Parent Meet-Up, Lark, 1pm.
• Kids can learn about different types of birds at Blooming Naturalists at the Audubon Center in Prospect Park, 1-2pm Thursdays and Fridays…
• … followed by Nature on the Go, also at the Audubon Center, 2-3pm Thursdays and Fridays…
• … and finally, learn about local wildlife at Animal Encounter in Prospect Park’s Audubon Center, 3-4pm Thursdays and Fridays.
• There’s a writing workshop for teens at the Cortelyou Library, 2:45pm.
• Happy hour with babies and ice cream happy hour are at Lark, 4pm.
• Check out Happy Hour cocktail recipes at T.B. Ackerson Wine Merchants, 6-8pm.
• Get your heart rate up and explore the neighborhood with Ditmas Rides, meeting in front of the Cortelyou Library at 7pm.
• Grupo Descarrilao play Bar Chord, 9pm.
Saturday, May 10
• Register to help the Weekend Woodland Corps, starting at Prospect Park’s Picnic House parking lot, 9:45am.
• The Lavender Blues sing along is at Lark, 10 and 11 am.
• You and your little one can make a Mother’s Day bouquet with Stems at Lark, 12-1pm.
• Grab a Mr. Cutters Bajan-inspired sandwich at the Flatbush Food Court, Sycamore, 12-6pm.
• You can check out Introduction to Birdwatching, starting at the Audubon Center, 12-1pm.
• … or visit the Pop-Up Audubon at the Binnen Bridge, Saturdays and Sundays from 12-5pm.
• … or take a tour of the Lefferts Historic House, every half hour Saturdays and Sundays from 12:30-4:30pm until June 29.
• Alex Levin and guests play jazz at Purple Yam, 12:30-2:30pm.
• There’s an upcycling class for kids four and above ($15 with registration or $20 to drop in) with Fruiggie at Lark, 2-3pm.
• History in Your Hands: Fleece Fun is at the Lefferts Historic House, 2-4pm Saturdays and Sundays.
• Elijah Tucker and Generous Music are at Bar Chord, 9pm.
• Alegba and Friends play 773 Lounge, 10pm.
• The Jukebox Romeo spins at Sycamore, 10pm.
Sunday, May 11
• Play and sing at Toddler Time with Mary Jo, Lark, 10am.
• Joe’s Underdogs are at Sycamore’s Flatbush Food Court, 12-6pm.
• Sing, speak, and more at the first open mic night at La Crepe et la Vie, 6pm.
• Join the Ditmas Park Sitting Group to meditate at Third Root, 6:45pm.
• Game Night is on at 773 Lounge, 7pm.
• The Cortelyou Jazz Jam is at Bar Chord, 9pm.
Photo by fruiggie