This weekend will be in the 50s and 60s–perfect mild weather for events both indoors and out. See music at local venues, take historic home tours or enjoy nature, or grab something delicious not normally in the ‘hood.
Thursday, April 17
• Continue enjoying Spring Break Programming in Prospect Park, plus other recess activities for kids.
• There’s an English conversation group at the Cortelyou Library, 4-5:30pm.
• Sign up for open mic night at 773 Lounge starting at 8pm.
• Lipbone Redding is at Bar Chord, 9pm.
Friday, April 18
• Sing along with Lloyd of The Deedle Deedle Dees at Lark, 10 and 11am.
• Shape Up NYC hosts a free pilates class in Prospect Park, 12pm.
• Meet fellow moms and dads at the New Parent Meet-Up, Lark, 1pm.
• Kids can learn about different types of birds at Blooming Naturalists at the Audubon Center in Prospect Park, 1-3pm Thursdays and Fridays…
• … followed by Nature on the Go, also at the Audubon Center, 2-3pm Thursdays and Fridays…
• … and finally, learn about local wildlife at Animal Encounter in Prospect Park’s Audubon Center, 3-4pm Thursdays and Fridays.
• There’s a writing workshop for teens at the Cortelyou Library, 2:45pm.
• Happy hour with babies and ice cream happy hour are at Lark, 4pm.
• Check out Happy Hour cocktail recipes at T.B. Ackerson Wine Merchants, 6-8pm.
• Get your heart rate up and explore the neighborhood with Ditmas Rides, meeting in front of the Cortelyou Library at 7pm.
• Enjoy California classics from the 60s and 70s at Bar Chord, 9pm…
• … or classic rock at 773 Lounge, 9pm.
Saturday, April 19
• Register to help the Weekend Woodland Corps, starting at Prospect Park’s Picnic House parking lot, 9:45am.
• The Lavender Blues sing along is at Lark, 10 and 11 am.
• Jumpstart Story Time is on for kids up to five at the Cortelyou Library, 10:30am.
• Jack’s Chedbred is at the Flatbush Food Court, Sycamore, Saturday and Sunday from 12-6pm.
• You can check out Introduction to Birdwatching, starting at the Audubon Center, 12-1pm.
• … or visit the Pop-Up Audubon at the Binnen Bridge, Saturdays and Sundays from 12-5pm.
• … or take a tour of the Lefferts Historic House, every half hour Saturdays and Sundays from 12:30-4:30pm until June 29.
• Alex Levin and guests play jazz at Purple Yam, 12:30-2:30pm.
• History in Your Hands: Spring Sprouts is at the Lefferts Historic House, 2-4pm Saturdays and Sundays.
• Sign up ahead of time for soap making at Brooklyn ARTery, 3:30pm.
• Alegba and Friends play Bar Chord, 9pm.
• Marco mans the drinks at 773 Lounge, 9pm.
Sunday, April 20
• Meditate for free at at Jaya Yoga East, 8:30am.
• Play and sing at Toddler Time with Mary Jo, Lark, 10am.
• Join the Ditmas Park Sitting Group to meditate at Third Root, 6:45pm.
• Game Night is on at 773 Lounge, 7pm.
• The Jacks of Kings County play Bar Chord, 7pm…
• … followed by the Cortelyou Jazz Jam, also at Bar Chord, 9pm.
Photo via Jack’s Chedbred