Happy September! To kick off the unofficial start to autumn, you can get your music trivia on (and see lots of amazing live music) at Bar Chord, hang out at Lark Cafe or Cynthia King Dance Studio with your kids, check out yoga at the newly opened Family of Light Holistic Center, help make Prospect Park a prettier place, and more:
Tuesday, September 2
Wednesday, September 3
• The newly opened Family of Light Holistic Center is offering morning yoga (pre-register by calling 347-587-9344), 7am.
• Lend the Wednesday Corps a hand at Prospect Park (call 718-287-3400 for location), 10am.
• Attend a sing-along with neighbor Debbie Deane at Lark, 10am.
• Teens can learn about PS3 gaming at the Cortelyou Library, 4pm.
• Children ages 3-4 can take a free demo class at Cynthia King’s Dance Studio at 1256 Prospect Avenue in Windsor Terrace, 4-6pm.
• Participate in sound toning meditation at Family of Light Holistic Center (you must pre-register by calling 347-587-9344), 6:30pm.
• Body positive yoga is at Family of Light Holistic Center, 7:30pm.
• County Kings play indie rock, folk, and blues blended in an Irish stew at Bar Chord, 9pm.
• Sunrise energizing meditation at the Family of Light Holistic Center (you must pre-register by calling 347-587-9344), 6:30am.
• Cortelyou Friends story time at the Cortelyou Library, 10:30am.
• The Dad Beats perform at Lark Cafe, 11am.
• Amandla Turner performs at Bar Chord, 9pm.
Photo via Amandla.