Don’t be down because it’s Monday – there’s much happening in and around our neighborhood this week, from a local nonprofit sponsoring a free showing of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom” to live music at Bar Chord and plenty of kid-friendly happenings at Lark Cafe and the Cortelyou Library.
Monday, August 25
• Check out the weekly Shape Up NYC Couch to 5k Group Run, meeting at the Lefferts Historic House, 7pm.
• Adult salsa dance class at Latin Fever, 7:15pm-9:15pm.
• Work in a neighborhood bar or restaurant? Come take advantage of drink specials at Industry Night, 773 Lounge, 9pm.
Tuesday, August 26
• Come to the drop-in sing-along with Dan Loomis at Lark, 9am.
• There’s a drop-in sing-along with Miss Katie at Lark, 11am.
• Babies and books at the Cortelyou Library, 11:15am-12:15pm
• Marco the Magician is at the Cortelyou Library, 2pm.
• Free screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom” at Brooklyn College, 6:30pm.
• John Pinamonti performs his American roots at Bar Chord, 9pm.
Wednesday, August 27
• Lend the Wednesday Corps a hand at Prospect Park (call 718-287-3400 for location), 10am.
• Attend a sing-along with neighbor Debbie Deane at Lark, 10am.
• Teens can learn about PS3 gaming at the Cortelyou Library, 3pm.
• Free Standards at Bar Chord, 9pm.
Photo via John Pinamonti.