Take advantage of these perfect summer days and get out into the neighborhood this week – there’s tons happening, from a bluegrass jam at Sycamore tonight to a chance to lend a hand at Prospect Park, and music, music & more music at Bar Chord.
Monday, August 18
• Check out the weekly Shape Up NYC Couch to 5k Group Run, meeting at the Lefferts Historic House, 7pm.
• Adult salsa dance class at Latin Fever, 7:15pm-9:15pm.
• Work in a neighborhood bar or restaurant? Come take advantage of drink specials at Industry Night, 773 Lounge, 9pm.
• Neighbor Kate Prascher hosts a bluegrass jam at Sycamore every third Monday of the month (feel free to bring your guitars, banjos, mandolins, fiddles, and upright basses!), 8:30pm-11pm.
• Jon Lundbom & Big Chord 5 play guerrilla jazz at Bar Chord, 9pm.
Tuesday, August 19
• There’s a drop-in sing-along with Miss Katie at Lark, 11am.
• Babies and books at the Cortelyou Library, 11:15am-12:15pm
• It’s time for Explore & Create at the Cortelyou Library, 2pm.
• Salvo & Hugo play Spanish Rhumba and more at Bar Chord, 9pm.
Wednesday, August 20
• Lend the Wednesday Corps a hand at Prospect Park (call 718-287-3400 for location), 10am.
• Attend a sing-along with neighbor Debbie Deane at Lark, 10am.
• Teens can learn about PS3 gaming at the Cortelyou Library, 3pm.
• Councilman Jumaane Williams and caribBeing host their “Summer Movie Night in the Park Series” with a free screening (as well as live music and refreshments) of “Cool Runnings” at Paedergat Park on Foster Avenue, between East 40th Street and Albany Avenue, 7:30pm.
• One Car Crash performs at Bar Chord, 9pm.
Photo via Jon Lundbom.