Happy Monday! This week, you can celebrate World Elephant Day with food and drinks at The Castello Plan, get your groove (and laugh) on at Bar Chord, sit in on a summer fiction reading workshop at Lark, take a body sculpting class at Latin Fever, and more:
Monday, August 11
• Check out the weekly Shape Up NYC Couch to 5k Group Run, meeting at the Lefferts Historic House, 7pm.
• Work in a neighborhood bar or restaurant? Come take advantage of drink specials at Industry Night, 773 Lounge, 9pm.
• Going to Hell comedy at Bar Chord, 9pm.
Tuesday, August 12
• There’s a drop-in sing-along with Miss Katie at Lark, 11am.
• Babies and books at the Cortelyou Library, 11:15am-12:15pm
• It’s time for Explore & Create at the Cortelyou Library, 2pm.
• The Castello Plan celebrates World Elephant Day with beer specials and goodies – and a percentage of the evening’s profits will be donated to the Elephant Sanctuary in Hohenwald, Tennessee, 4pm-all evening.
• Summer fiction reading workshop by author Rachel Sherman at Lark, 7pm.
• 60-minute body sculpting class at Latin Fever ($15 walk-in, $40 monthly), 8:15pm-9:15pm.
Wednesday, August 13
• Lend the Wednesday Corps a hand at Prospect Park (call 718-287-3400 for location), 10am.
• Teens can learn about PS3 gaming at the Cortelyou Library, 3pm.
• Aliyah plays her solo cello with a modern twist at Bar Chord, 8pm.
• Free Standards at Bar Chord, 9pm.
Photo via Music with Miss Katie.