Happy Monday! There’s much happening this week, including the 70th Precinct National Night Out tomorrow evening at the Parade Grounds, a meeting about the future of the Cortelyou Library on Wednesday night, a public hearing Thursday on MTA capital projects (which area leaders are hoping could include renovating the Church Avenue B/Q subway station) and, as always, lots of live music and fun activities for families.
Monday, August 4
• Check out the weekly Shape Up NYC Couch to 5k Group Run, meeting at the Lefferts Historic House, 7pm.
• Work in a neighborhood bar or restaurant? Come take advantage of drink specials at Industry Night, 773 Lounge, 9pm.
Tuesday, August 5
• Drop-in sing-along with Dan Loomis from the Dadbeats at Lark, 9am.
• There’s a drop-in sing-along with Miss Katie at Lark, 11am.
• Babies and books at the Cortelyou Library, 11:15am-12:15pm
• It’s time for Explore & Create at the Cortelyou Library, 2pm.
• Meet your local police officers at the 70th Precinct’s National Night Out at the Parade Grounds, 6:30pm.
• Hugo & Salvo play their Spanish rhumba, and more, at Bar Chord, 9pm.
Wednesday, August 6
• There’s a sing-along with neighbor Debbie Deane ($5) at Lark, 10am.
• Lend the Wednesday Corps a hand at Prospect Park (call 718-287-3400 for location), 10am.
• Teens can learn about PS3 gaming at the Cortelyou Library, 3pm.
• Contribute ideas about how to make the Cortelyou Library even better, 6pm.
• Beninghove’s Hangmen perform at Bar Chord, 9pm.
Photo via the Cortelyou Library Friends.