Don’t be down because it’s Monday – there’s much happening in our neighborhood this week. Grab your guitar or banjo and head to a bluegrass jam at Sycamore tonight, catch live music at Bar Chord, get outside and exercise with your neighbors, and more:
Monday, July 21
• Attend the Rolie Polie Guacamole singalong at Lark, 4:15pm.
• Check out the weekly Shape Up NYC Couch to 5k Group Run, meeting at the Lefferts Historic House, 7pm.
• Neighbor Kate Prascher hosts a bluegrass jam at Sycamore every third Monday of the month (feel free to bring your guitars, banjos, mandolins, fiddles, and upright basses!), 8:30pm-11pm.
• Singer-songwriters Lovekin and Amandla play at Bar Chord, 9pm.
• Work in a neighborhood bar or restaurant? Come take advantage of drink specials at Industry Night, 773 Lounge, 9pm.
Tuesday, July 22
• Drop-in sing-along with Dan Loomis from the Dadbeats at Lark, 9am.
• The Singing Winds presents free activities for all ages in Albemarle Playground Tuesdays and Thursdays through July 31, including papier mache, crafts, games, puppet-making, storytelling, crochet and needlework for adults and teens, and more, 10am-12pm.
• There’s a drop-in sing-along with Miss Katie at Lark, 11am.
• It’s time for Explore & Create at the Cortelyou Library, 2pm.
• Bluesy mountain music man Jackson Lynch plays at Bar Chord, 8pm.
• Blame Mercury and the Drejun Duo play at Bar Chord, 9pm.
Wednesday, July 23
• There’s a sing-along with neighbor Debbie Deane ($5) at Lark, 10am.
• Lend the Wednesday Corps a hand at Prospect Park (call 718-287-3400 for location), 10am.
• Teens can learn about PS3 gaming at the Cortelyou Library, 4-5pm.
• Zamba2Samba plays classic samba sounds at Bar Chord, 9pm.
Photo via Amandla Turner.