It may seem like the city has become a ghost town because of the Fourth of July – but don’t be fooled, there’s plenty to do in the neighborhood this week, from live music to getting in shape with your neighbors to watching a World Cup match!
Monday, June 30
• Check out the weekly Shape Up NYC Couch to 5k Group Run, meeting at the Lefferts Historic House, 7pm.
• Life Vest Inside & Charlotte Brimner play at Bar Chord, 9pm.
• Work in a neighborhood bar or restaurant? Come take advantage of drink specials at Industry Night, 773 Lounge, 9pm.
Tuesday, July 1
• There’s a drop in sing along with Miss Katie at Lark, 11am.
• Wheated, will show the USA vs. Belgium World Cup match on their brand new television. During the game, draft beers will be $5 a pint and caipirinhas will be $6, 4pm.
• Test out your music knowledge at Bar Chord‘s trivia night, 7pm.
Wednesday, July 2
• There’s a singalong with neighbor Debbie Deane ($5) at Lark, 10am.
• Lend the Wednesday Corps a hand at Prospect Park (call 718-287-3400 for location), 10am.
• Looking for a job? Get help with your resume at the Cortelyou Library, 3:30pm.
• Teens can learn about PS3 gaming at the Cortelyou Library, 4-5pm.
• Holler plays the final show of the Spring Concert Series at PS 217, 6-7pm.
• There’s U.S. Citizenship Exam prep at the Cortelyou Library, 6-8pm.
• Bastille Brioche featuring Christophe Knoche and Carter Bales play Bar Chord, 9pm.
• Rahlou is at Sycamore, 9pm.
Photo via Charlotte Brimner