This lovely week, you have a great excuse to drink beer, a social way to watch your favorite cooking show, and plenty of group activities and live music.
Monday, April 21
• Have fun with the last of Spring Break Programming in Prospect Park.
• It’s Nutty Beer Week at The Farm on Adderley. Drink up to fight testicular cancer.
• Kids up to five can enjoy story time at the Cortelyou Library, 4pm.
• Attend the Rolie Polie Guacamole singalong at Lark, 4:15pm.
• Check out the weekly Shape Up NYC Couch to 5k Group Run, meeting at the Lefferts Historic House, 7pm.
• Local band Decoster plays The Way Station in Prospect Heights, 8:30pm.
• Jackson Lynch plays Bar Chord, 9pm.
• Work in a neighborhood bar or restaurant? Come take advantage of drink specials at Industry Night, 773 Lounge, 9pm.
Tuesday, April 22
• Amy Miles hosts a sing along at Lark, 9:30am.
• … followed by a drop in sing along with Miss Katie, also at Lark, 11am.
• Babies and books storytime is at the Cortelyou Library, 11:15am.
• Swing by open hours at Sustainable Flatbush‘s Healing Herb Garden (2103 Kenmore Terrace by E 21st Street), 12-6pm daily.
• Explore & Create and Game On! for kids, both at the Cortelyou Library, 4pm.
• Join neighbor Ian Olasov for the Brooklyn Public Philosophers event Philip Kitcher on The Hard Problem of Climate Change, Brooklyn Public Library Central Branch, 7pm.
• See local chef Auria Abraham compete on Chopped, at Highbury Pub at 9pm or from home at 10.
Wednesday, April 23
• There’s a sing along with neighbor Debbie Deane ($5) at Lark, 10am.
• Lend the Wednesday Corps a hand at Prospect Park (call 718-287-3400 for location), 10am.
• Teens can learn about PS3 gaming at the Cortelyou Library, 4-5pm.
• There’s US Citizenship Exam prep at the Cortelyou Library, 6-8pm.
• Attend this month’s Education, Libraries, and Cultural Affairs Committee meeting at the CB14 District Office, 7pm.
• Zamba 2 Samba is at Bar Chord, 9pm.
• Rahlou is at Sycamore, 9pm.