• New York City public schools are officially open Wednesday, and all after-school activities will take place as usual.
• Other things that are open: libraries, the Prospect Park Zoo, and looks like all of our local businesses are up and running as normal at this point, too, but let us know if you see any closures or delayed openings.
• Alternate side parking has been suspended to facilitate snow removal. Meters are still in effect, though.
• Garbage and recycling collection has been suspended.
• If you’d like to keep track of what streets have been plowed around the city, visit PlowNYC.
• Here’s how to report sidewalks that have not been cleared.
• If you’re looking to make some cash, Sanitation does hire snow laborers to clear public areas, just call 311 to learn how to get involved.
Everyone stay safe and warm today, and don’t forget to email your snow pictures t [email protected].
Photo by cthebird