Councilman Domenic Recchia announced this week he has secured $400,000 in funding for the installation of NYPD safety cameras across Bensonhurst and Coney Island.
Recchia stressed the importance of these cameras, saying they will protect the community.
“These cameras will provide much-needed surveillance capabilities to areas of my district in need of heightened security,” Recchia said in the release. “The NYPD needs to make use of every tool at its disposal to fight crime and keep our communities safe. This technology is an important resource to help New York’s finest do their job as best as possible.”
Here is a list of the locations where that the cameras will be installed:
- 86th Street and 20th Avenue
- 86th Street and Bay Parkway
- 86th Street and 23rd Avenue
- 86th Street and 25th Avenue
- McDonald Avenue and Kings Highway
- Mermaid Avenue and West 24th Street
- Stillwell Avenue and Benson Avenue
- Avenue W and West 11th Street
- Neptune Avenue and West 8th Street