Today we thank the men and women who sacrificed their lives while serving in the armed forces, and our thoughts are with their friends and family.
If you’re staying around the neighborhood this Memorial Day, we’ve put together a list of places and services that will either be closed or operating under a limited schedule:
• Government offices and courts are closed.
• There is no mail delivery.
• All city public schools are closed.
• Alternate side parking is suspended, and you don’t have to pay the parking meter.
• There is no garbage or recycling. If Monday is your garbage day, put out your garbage after 5pm Monday evening. If Monday is your recycling day, wait until next week to put out your recycling.
• The New York City subway will operate on a Sunday schedule (which means the B train will not be running).
• All Brooklyn Public Library locations will be closed from Saturday, May 24 through Monday, May 26.
• Area banks will be closed.
• Dynasty Pediatrics (464 Ocean Parkway between Cortelyou Road and Ditmas Avenue) will be open for appointments and walk ins today from 5:30-7:30pm, in case your little one is under the weather.
Enjoy the day! If you take any photos of you and your friends and family enjoying a picnic in Prospect Park, a local bar or restaurant, or even just your porch, send them our way at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll post them on the site.