This morning, the MTA unanimously approved a fare hike which is set to start in March 2013.
The changes that will take effect include:
• Single rides increase from $2.25 to $2.50
• The bonus feature is reduced from 7% to 5%, but starts at $5 purchases instead of $10
• 30-day passes increase from $104 to $112
• 7-day passes increase from $29 to $30
• $1 fee is implemented for new MetroCard purchases
The proposal is led by MTA Chairman Joseph Lhota, who, according to the New York Times, is expected to resign on Friday to pursue a candidacy for New York City mayor as a Republican.
For more information, including increases in tolls, check out the proposal here.
Photo via paulmmay