Does your area have a project that needs some love — maybe a vacant lot that needs cleaning up, a street that needs more trees planted, walls that need graffiti removed? Show your love for your block by applying for a $1,000 grant to transform and beautify it.
The Love Your Block Grant from the Citizens Committee for New York City and NYC Service provides offers resident-led volunteer groups the chance to receive a grant of up to $1,000, as well as access to city services from the Departments of Transportation, Parks and Recreation, and Sanitation.
Here’s what you need to know:
• The applicant has to be a volunteer-led group (can be long-established, or even in the process of forming), no individuals, for-profit projects, businesses, etc.
• The project should strengthen your community — they’re looking for things that address important community concerns, contribute to building stronger communities through neighbors working together, and result in concrete and sustainable improvements.
• The project should be able to be carried out between April and June 2015.
• In your application, you have to provide a budget totaling up to $1,000, and indicate which city services your group is requesting.
• Applications are due Friday, November 7 at 11:59pm.
Any questions? Contact Imani Brown at 212-822-9567 or email@example.com.
Photo via Citizens Committee for New York City