If you’re looking for a better commute (being able to walk to work is pretty darn sweet), or maybe your current job just isn’t cutting it, there are a bunch of available positions in and around our neighborhood. We’ve rounded up some available gigs, and leave a comment or shoot us an email to [email protected] if you know of others!
1. Café Madeline (1603 Cortelyou Road) is looking for “an experienced outgoing and hardworking barista” who has at least one year of experience, has some latte art know-how, and can work weekends. Additionally, you must have, or are working towards, obtaining a city Food Handler Certificate. If you don’t have one, you’ll have to get one within 30 days from the time you’re hired. If you’re interested, send your cover letter and resume through their ad.
2. CAMBA (1720 Church Avenue) is looking for middle school program leaders and specialists, especially individuals who have special skills or interests in service learning, health and fitness, science, math, engineering, writing, creative arts, music, business, sewing crafts, counseling, or human services. CAMBA is looking for someone to fill a part-time group leader position, for which you must be a college graduate or currently enrolled in college. Experience working with youth is required, and counseling experience is welcome. The nonprofit is also searching for a part-time activity specialist with three years of professional experience and specialization; experience working with youth is required. For both positions, you must be able to work from about 2pm-6pm Monday through Friday from September 2014 to June 2015. For more information about the jobs, see CAMBA’s ad, and to apply, email your resume and cover letter to: [email protected]. Remember to indicate the position you’re applying for (MS Leader or MS Specialist) in the email subject line.
3. Urban Martial Arts (965 Coney Island Avenue) is looking for a part-time employee to help with the after-school program from 1:30pm to 7pm Monday through Friday. On holidays and breaks, there will be opportunities to work at Urban Martial Arts’ day camps, and over the summer you will work full-time in the summer camp. Those interested in applying should only do so through this link – they specify absolutely no walk-ins, phone inquiries, or email submissions (or you’ll immediately be disqualified).
4. Stems (1118 Cortelyou Road) is looking for an intern this September. The position would be two six-hour shifts each week, during which you’d be helping out around the retail shop and doing creative work for special events. The internship is unpaid, but the folks at Stems noted that they will be looking for retail help, as well as freelance floral assistance, in the future, “so this would be a great trial run.” The position would “be great for anyone who loves flowers and has an interest in the industry,” the folks at Stems wrote to us. “We are looking for energetic, creative types who have a true passion for customer service and making the world beautiful.” Those interested should send all inquiries to [email protected] and put “Attention: Jamie!” in the subject line.
5. Flatbush Food Co-op (1415 Cortelyou Road) is looking to fill several full-time and part-time positions, including human resources manager, assistant organic produce manager, deli manager, deli clerk, and cashier. To find out more about the jobs, go here, and to inquire further, email [email protected].
6. Golden Krust (1617 Church Avenue) is looking for a part-time maintenance worker, and the restaurant specified you’d need to assist in the kitchen. You can inquire about the position inside the store.
Photo via weloveditmaspark.