Police are looking for a group of men involved in a series of city-wide grand larceny thefts targeting drug stores throughout Brooklyn, Queens, and Staten Island.
In 10 incidents dating from October 28 – December 8, 2016, the suspects entered pharmacies and stuffed over-the-counter medications and cosmetics into plastic bags before fleeing.
Duane Reade, CVS and Rite Aid Pharmacies have been targeted in Brooklyn, Queens and Staten Island:
- CVS Pharmacy, 150 East 42 Street, East Flatbush on October 28, 2016 at 4:45am
- Rite Aid Pharmacy, 408 Grand Street, Williamsburg on October 28, 2016 at 5:05am
- CVS Pharmacy, 27 North 6 Street, Williamsburg on October 29, 2016 at 5:20pm
- Duane Reade Pharmacy, 84-32 Jamaica Avenue, Woodhaven, Queens on November 6, 2016 at 1:00pm
- Duane Reade Pharmacy, 2107 Richmond Road, Staten Island on November 12, 2016 at 6:03pm
- CVS Pharmacy, 19-33 Victory Boulevard, Staten Island on November 15, 2016 at 12:15am
- Rite Aid Pharmacy, 506 Utica Avenue, East Flatbush on November 27, 2016 at 4:45am
- Duane Reade Pharmacy, 164 Kent Avenue, Williamsburg on November 28, 2016 at 3:50pm
- CVS Pharmacy, 27 North 6th Street, Williamsburg on December 3, 2016 at 5:25pm
- Duane Reade Pharmacy, 2131 Avenue U, Sheepshead Bay on December 8, 2016 at 12:13pm
Police have released surveillance images of the suspects. No further details are currently available.
Anyone with information in regards to these incidents is asked to call the NYPD’s Crime Stoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477) or for Spanish, 1-888-57-PISTA (74782). The public can also submit their tips by logging onto the Crime stoppers website or by texting their tips to 274637 (CRIMES) then enter TIP577.