Tomorrow, Friday, August 16 is the last day to register to vote in the September 10 primary election. In New York you must be registered with a party to vote in that party’s primary. So if you want to have a say in our District 40 City Council race, the mayoral race, and more, here’s what you need to know:
• Here is the registration form to print out and send in! And here it is in Spanish! This must be postmarked by August 16. You can use these forms to change your address, too, if you’re registered somewhere else.
• You can also register in person at our Kings County Board of Election office, but this also must be done by August 16.
• You can register via the DMV online if you have a NY state-issued ID, though you have to set up an account.
• Want to change your party affiliation? You can’t switch before this year’s elections, but you should fill out a voter registration form now to do so in future elections.
• Not sure if you’re registered, or with which party? Check on your current voter registration here.
If you just want to vote in the general election on November 5, the deadline to register for that is October 11.