Donate to Help Family Whose Young Son Died in a Fire This Weekend


Bedford Ave Fire, via NY Daily News

The death of 8-year-old Aschton Charles during a fire in his family’s home on Bedford Avenue early Saturday morning that was reportedly started by a space heater has left his family reeling. Not only have they lost their home and all their belongings, but they’ve lost a child — and while it may not be much, there is something the neighborhood can do to help.

Their church, the World Missions Assembly, is accepting monetary donations for the family, with attention made to the “Charles Fund.” You can also drop off clothing and non-perishable food at the church or at Councilmember¬†Jumaane Williams’ office:

World Missions Assembly
1407 Flatbush Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11210

Councilmember Jumaane Williams Office
4517 Avenue D, Brooklyn, NY 11203

Photo via NY Daily News

Comment policy


  1. Including the parents and their other children (all older, I believe), there are 8 people in the family, so I think it’s safe to say most sizes could be okay, but I am checking and will let you know. I think monetary donations would be most appreciated at the moment, but anything can help.

Comments are closed.