Here’s our roundup of some of the crime reports that happened in and around Bensonhurst in the last week, courtesy of the NYPD.
- Police are seeking help from the public in identifying the above pictured black Dodge Charger in connection with a September 2 homicide that took took the life of a 21-year-old male. The victim was shot in the chest on 983 E. 31 Street and transported to Community Hospital, where he was pronounced deceased.
- Playground strip-and-dip: An 18-year-old male was robbed by two hispanic teenagers — Darwin Sinchi, 18, and Jonathan Perez, 16, both from Dyker Heights — at a schoolyard on 16th Avenue on Sunday, September 11 at 6 p.m. The perps pulled knives on the victim and punched him multiple times, knocking him to the ground, before taking his cell phone, jeans, and sneakers. Both Sinchi and Perez were arrested the following day and have been charged with robbery.
- Honey, where’s the car?: An older married couple left the door unlocked at their home on Bay Ridge Avenue at 5 p.m. on Saturday, September 10 and, being in separate rooms, assumed the person wandering the house was the other person. In fact it was a burglar, who made off with credit cards, a laptop, $70, a tote bag and their 2013 Toyota Corolla. The investigation is ongoing.
- A 66-year-old woman on her way home was grabbed by the neck and punched with a closed fist by a hispanic female in the early evening of Friday, September 9 at the 86th Street R train station. The perp then grabbed the victim’s cash and MetroCard from her right shirt pocket and fled on foot. The investigation is ongoing.
- A man was shot in the stomach in front of the El Patron bar at 7507 New Utrecht Avenue half past midnight on Saturday, September 10. The victim, a 33-year-old male who is not likely to die, was apprehended by three suspects who approached him on the sidewalk and pulled a firearm on him.
[h/t: The Brooklyn Reporter]