Three cheers for beers are in order this Saturday, as 9th Street’s Owl Farm rings in their first South Slope year. Manager Steven Baird tells us that the bar is “pulling out all the stops,” and invites neighbors far and wide to come on down and celebrate.
Here’s what you can look forward to:
1. We’ll be running our normal weekday happy hour (2 for $5 well drinks and 2 for $5 Narragansett drafts. $1 off everything else) from 12:30 til 6pm.
2. Starting around 5:30 we’ll have FREE food catered by Der Komissar. (We love their sausages)
3. For 1 hour, from 6pm to 7pm, all draft beer will be FREE.
4. Amy Benfer and Friends from the Brooklyn vinyl club will be spinning awesome music from 4pm to 4am.
5. We’ll be raffling off rare/weird beer bottles all day long. As well as just opening and sharing weird bottles all day long.
6. We’ve taken our normally eclectic draft list and bumped it up several notches. We’ve been stashing crazy kegs for months just for this party.
It definitely sounds like it’s going to be one for the record books, folks, so be sure to stop by and raise a glass to our friends as they celebrate the big 01. Congratulations, Owl Farm!
Check back in next week for our video profile with Steven, as he talks about the bar’s anniversary, and (of course) beer.
Photo by The Owl Farm