In Case You Missed It (ICYMI): Here are some of the big stories you may have missed this week. You can keep up with what’s going on in the neighborhood all week long. Just follow us on Twitter and Facebook, and sign up for our daily newsletter. If you have any news tips, story ideas, questions or anything else, e-mail us at editor [at] sheepsheadbites [dot] com.
- An educator at a District 75 school in Brighton Beach was arrested for allegedly “punching out” an autistic student.
- Gourmanoff, Brighton Beach’s opulent new supermarket, has opened up in the Millenium Theater building.
- A Community Board 15 member was arrested as part of a $1 million Medicaid fraud bust.
- Blinoff Creperie, on Coney Island Avenue, is now open.
- Randazzo’s updated their iconic lobster sign, and it looks pretty darn cool.
- The NYPD installed two security cameras in Manhattan Beach.
- A Marine Park man was sentenced to prison time for shooting into a crowd of rowdy teens in 2011.
- Pesticides being sprayed in New York City parks may be linked to cancer.
- The NYPD launched a two-week long crackdown on bike-related offenses, including for drivers who block the bicycle lane.